Extraordinary Design For Exceptional Performance
- Patented design provides safe and effective protection against pulmonary embolism where the patient’s risk is temporary or permanent.
- A proven, self expanding, conical filter design for effective clot-trapping and preservation of caval patency.
- Made from cobalt chromium, a non-ferromagnetic metal alloy with MRI Conditional clearance testing, radiopacity, and proven performance.
- Pre-loaded cartridge for either Jugular or Femoral Introduction.
- Self-Centering stabilization legs with eight anchoring hooks to securely position the filter in the center of the Vena Cava and optimize clot trapping filtration.
- Filter head is firmly attached to the filtering legs by a secure locking mechanism and can be safely unlocked during filter conversion procedure.
- Flexible wire filter design is indicated for use in Vena Cava up to 28mm in diameter.
- By design, filter contact with the IVC wall is evenly distributed, with no single points of contact or stress points, reducing the risk of IVC perforation.
- Unique patented concept of filter deactivation: When clinically indicated, the clot-trapping features of the filter can be deactivated by percutaneously converting the filter to an open configuration.
Instructions for use
See below for a complete list of accessories required for conversion:
Accessories required to convert the filter to an open configuration but not provided in the package:
Physician must have the following items available to facilitate conversion and ensure filter legs are fully apposed to vessel wall
‘J’ Guidewire (0.035 in / 0.89 mm, 150 cm length)
Catheter introducer sheath (9F I.D.)
Amplatz GooseNeck™ snare (size matched to the diameter of the vena cava) and catheter
- 15 mm loop and 6F catheter (I.D. 1.6 mm), length ≥ 102 cm
- 20 mm loop and 6F catheter (I.D. 1.6 mm), length ≥ 102 cm
- 25 mm loop and 6F catheter (I.D. 1.6 mm), length ≥ 102 cm
Accessory device such as a diagnostic catheter, guidewire, or angioplasty balloon
VenaTech® Convertible™ Vena Cava Filter System Instructional Video - Deployment and Conversion
VenaTech® Convertible™ Vena Cava Filter System Instructional Video -Deployment and Conversion